Potato Sausage Soup
If you’re hungry for hearty, this savory potato sausage soup will hit the spot. Whip it up when you’re feeling chilly, need a little soul food in your life, or as the inaugural dish of slow cooker season.
What You Need:
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 15 oz can white beans, with liquid
- 4.5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp parsley
How It’s Made:
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft.
- Next, add sausage and cook until browned. Drain.
- Add the sausage, onion mixture and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker. Set on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve warm and garnish with parsley as desired.
Serving Size: 3
Total Fat 9g
Total Carbs 34g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Potato Sausage Soup online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.