Light Skillet Nachos
Fact: Nachos are a staple of any get-together worth its weight in queso. Make ‘em for your next watch party to keep spirits high through fourth quarter.
What You Need:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 Tbsps seeded minced jalapeño
- 1½ Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 2/3 cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 cooked ground beef patties, finely crumbled
- 1 cup drained unsalted canned pinto beans
- 1/2 cup pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 2½ cup of baked tortilla chip
How It’s Made:
- Preheat broiler and coat a cast-iron skillet with olive oil. Heat the skillet to medium-high, then drop in onions and jalapeños to sauté for about four minutes. Add powdered ingredients (flour, chili powder, cumin) and cook for another minute while stirring.
- Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Once it’s rolling nicely, drop the heat down to medium and stir in the crumbled patties and beans. After that’s been cooking for about two minutes, stir in mozzarella and cook for about one minute or until the cheese is fully melted, remove from heat.
- Layer Mexican blend of cheese over the mix, add tomatoes, avocados, olives, and red onion.
- Top chips with mixture and enjoy your nachos!
Recipe Inspired By: cookinglight.com
Serving Size: 6
Total Fat 20g
Total Carbs 23g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Skillet Nachos online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.