Creamy Cauliflower and Leek Soup
Ladle some of this leek soup into your bowl if you’re looking for a savory dish that will leave you saying: “potato soup, who?” With just 114 calories a serving and 3g of fat, you can even help yourself to a second bowl—and believe us, you’ll definitely want to.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour (use gluten-free flour if desired)
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunch leeks (about 3 or 4) dark green stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped (about 1 ½ lbs florets)
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Crumbled bacon, cheddar, scallions, for optional toppings
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Wash leeks to make sure there’s no soil left on them, chop coarsely. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, melt your butter and add flour while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in broth, chopped leeks, garlic, and cauliflower, then turn up heat until boiling. Cover and let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, carefully pulse mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve piping hot.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbs 17g