KitchenAid Mixer Tips From a Top Fan + Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
Alright, confession time… I love my KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer and I’m a dietitian. Yes, I bake.
There, I said it. Phew!
Here’s the thing though, having a KitchenAid mixer has been a time saver in my kitchen! It is amazing for a million things other than mixing cake batter. It gives me a quicker process with weeknight cooking and meal prepping. Like many home cooks, I used to use it just for baking. Once I stepped out of that lane, I experimented with mashed potatoes and then began testing other savory items as well. Confession time again… there has definitely been some error… Pro tip, over-mixing meatloaf lets the gluten became too developed. Lesson learned.
Here is a great list below to start you on your journey. To boot, it’s basically a piece of art so I leave mine out on display.
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Shredded chicken
- Dough for pizza/pasta
- Whipped Cream
- Anything baking (cakes, cookies, brownies, breads, biscuits,
- All the fun attachment possibilities
- Pasta cutter
- Ice cream
- Meat grinder
Spiralized Apple Carrot Salad
2 granny smith apples
2 gala apples
16 oz shredded carrots
1 cup walnuts
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1, 5.3 oz Yoplait 100 kcal Greek yogurt
- Spiralize apples (use kitchen aid spiralizer attachment to promo what it has the capabilities to do)
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, zest and juice of lemon and combine
- In the same bowl, combine spiralized apples, shredded carrots, ¾ of the walnuts and ¾ of the pomegranate seeds. Stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and pomegranate seeds on top for garnish
Calories 262, Protein 6g, Cholesterol 0mg, Carbohydrates 34 g, Fiber 8.5g, Sugar 20.5g, Fat 13g, Sodium 72mg