Gluten-Free Spider’s Webcakes
Make this Halloween a #HallowWin with these totally festive and dietary-inclusive cupcakes! In addition to being super fun to decorate, they’re also low-sugar and gluten-free, so you can feel good about feeding them to your little monsters.
What You Need:
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 4 1/2 Tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 Tbsps unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Frosting:
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsps honey
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 8 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin liners.
- Bake cupcakes for 16 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out mostly clean. A few moist crumbs or a little stickiness is okay.
- For the frosting, melt coconut oil, natural peanut butter and cocoa powder together in a pot or pan over low heat. When everything is completely melted and smooth, take it off the heat. Add honey and stir until well combined. Let the cupcakes and frosting cool completely before icing. Serve to little (or big) monsters!
Recipe Inspired By: texanerin.com
Serving Size: 8 cupcakes
Total Fat 20g
Total Carbs 24g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Gluten-Free Spiderweb Cupcakes online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.