40 Cloves Of Garlic Chicken
Need an alternative to the traditional turkey this year since big gatherings look quite different? Our Dietitian, Brenda Garcia has you covered with this 40 cloves of Garlic Chicken. Grab the recipe below!
What You Need
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion
- ½ tsp. ground dried thyme
- 4 celery stalks, each cut into 3 pieces
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 40 unpeeled garlic cloves (about 4 heads)
- Optional: Sliced French or Sourdough Bread
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine first four ingredients in a greased 4-quart casserole
- Arrange chicken over vegetables. Drizzle with wine; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Nestle garlic around chicken. Cover casserole with aluminum foil and casserole lid
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired; serve with French or sourdough bread
Total Fat 16g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!