Baked Apple Pork Chops with Green Beans
Posted Sep 10, 2018 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
Nothing says down-home goodness like sweet and savory pork chops with a side of green beans. Make them for your guests the next time you’re hosting and we guarantee they’ll leave asking for the recipe.
What You Need:
- 4 Tbsps olive oil, divided
- 4 pork chops (8 oz each), ¾ – 1 inch thick, bone-in
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 oz green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsps maple syrup
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Rub both sides of the pork chops with sage; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place pork chops and green beans in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle green beans with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place into oven and roast until pork is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 145°F, about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and melt butter. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples just begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve pork chops immediately, topped with apple mixture, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 25g
Total Carbs 30g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Baked Apple Pork Chops with Green Beans online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.