Black Bean and Sweet Potato Salad
Meet the salad that does it all: It makes its own bowl, it’s packed with protein and tastes like a slice of Southwest-inspired heaven.
What You Need:
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1, 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of salsa or your favorite picante sauce
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
How It’s Made:
- Poke sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on high until tender. (12 to 15 minutes)
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, combine beans and salsa; microwave on high until heated through. (2 to 3 minutes)
- When cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 4g
Sodium 270 mg
Total Carbs 58g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Discover everything you need to pack a lunch you’ll love online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.