Salmon & Soba Noodle Bok Choy Bowl
Joy to bok choy! This leafy green is the perfect complement to the ingredients found in this roasted winter warmer. Help it go for a dip with savory salmon and soba noodles for a delicious dinner that comes in under 500 calories.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsps Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsps toasted sesame oil
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 Tbsps low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsps chili paste
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 baby bok choy, halved
- 12 oz soba noodles
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or veggie broth
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds, green onions
- Basil for serving
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pour sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lime juice,2 Tbsps of soy sauce, honey, and chili paste in a glass jar and shake well.
- Spread sweet potato wedges across a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Toss potatoes until evenly coated and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While potatoes wedges are baking, cook soba noodles per the instructions. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a pot, bring the broth, rice vinegar, and 1 Tbsp of soy sauce to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Remove potatoes from oven and arrange salmon and bok choy around them. Spoon half the sauce over salmon, then bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, salmon and bok choy from oven. Add remaining sauce and gently toss the whole mixture to coat.
- Spoon veggies and salmon into bowls and ladle broth over it. Use the sesame seeds and herbs as a garnish and dig in!
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 17g
Total Carbs 43g