Browned Butter Chocolates
Yummm! Brown butter and chocolate! What a treat! These are simple to make and have a simple ingredient list. The hardest part is to get the butter browned just right. Keep a close eye on it since it can go from a perfect nutty brown to a burnt, almost black color quickly. But when you get it right, oh the flavor that is added! The nuttiness of the brown butter really comes through even against the strong dark chocolate. Speaking of dark cocoa, not only does it add flavor, but also some polyphenols. Those are some great antioxidants hiding in there!
Portion size is the key here. Thanks to the rich flavor, these are satisfying and worth savoring, all in a small bite. Add these to your list of Christmas baking ideas and probably your Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day…you get the point.
What You Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (for a dark chocolate use the Special Dark Cocoa Powder), 100% Cacao
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How It’s Made:
- Line an 8×8 inch dish with parchment paper, or use a silicone molds
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Keep melted butter at a low simmer until it starts to get little brown (about 10-15 minutes) and smells nutty.
- Remove from heat; let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth, followed by honey, salt and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared dish/molds and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into chunks, break into pieces, or pop out of molds and store in the fridge.
Total Fat 5g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!