Budget For Time
We’ve heard it over and over from singles to those with children. The fight to get some semblance of a nutritious dinner on the table in a pinch can be a challenge especially with all of the factors that can come into play before the 5-7PM dinner rush. With that in mind if you are more in-tune with needing time focused options, sometimes the budget priority is sacrificed, but not always. That’s why it’s called priorities right? Here’s a few questions to ask yourself in order to better plan:
- What nights am I really in a bind and can I do anything ahead of time to be better prepared?
- Is my fridge well stocked with condiments to make any flavor profile I’m feeling happen?
- Do I have an easy pantry or freezer staple in place as a backup?
With those questions in mind, here are some of our favorite things we grab when we are in a pinch for time be it a quick trip from the office or a quick in-and out before dashing home to prepare everything:
- Rotisserie Chicken or Ready Meals Pulled or Grilled Chicken
- Ready Meals
- Salad Kits
- Frozen Vegetables
- Canned Beans
- 60 Second Pasta or Rice packages
- Jarred Pasta Sauce
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Steamed Shrimp at the Meat and Seafood Counter
- Canned or Packaged Fish
All of these options are versatile, taking you throughout your day in a flash. Sometimes elaborate meals are nice, but not on the agenda.