Cast Iron Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples, Mint and Walnuts
Pork chops and applesauce are a fond childhood memory of one of our dietitians. What’s not to love about the sweet and savory combination? We’ve amped up the classic with a few fun flavor twists sure to have the whole family coming back for seconds.
What You Need
1 lb pork chops
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 small apple
⅛ c. walnuts
10 mint leaves
½ tsp. Salt
2 tsp. pepper
How It’s Made:
- Peel and dice apple
- Bring a cast iron skillet to medium high heat and drizzle with canola oil
- Saute apples for 15 minutes
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper
- Roughly dice walnuts
- Push apples to the outer rim of the pan and place pork chops in the center
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 (about 8-12 minutes depending on thickness)
- Add in mint and walnuts and toss everything together
Total Fat 14g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!