Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Posted Jan 11, 2021 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
This savory soup delivers a velvety texture, vitamin packed butternut squash, while sneaking in a bit of protein with Vital Proteins collagen peptides. We love their unflavored collagen since it’s easy to add to just about any dish if you need a protein boost.
Recipe by: Christina Anania, @evolvewithtee.
What You Need
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1 t garlic (minced)
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 C butternut squash (cubed)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 t nutmeg
- 2 t paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 C pumpkin puree
- 2 C coconut milk
- 1/2 C boiled water
Optional Toppings: Pumpkin seeds, nutmeg, avocado oil, coconut milk, pepper, chili flakes
How It’s Made:
- In a large pot, heat the avocado oil on medium heat and add in the onions, garlic, celery stalk and butternut squash. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Mix in the Collagen Peptides, nutmeg, paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix together with the vegetables until well-combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk and boiled water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into a blender and puree it until creamy and smooth.
- Once all of the vegetables and puréed, add the soup back into the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat, or until it starts to bubble.
- Scoop the butternut squash soup into bowls, top with additional toppings and enjoy!
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!