Crockpot Cinnamon Pear Apple Sauce
Posted Sep 21, 2020 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
Looking for a fun activity to get your kids in the kitchen without too much mess? It doesn’t get much easier than homemade applesauce in the crockpot. Work on their peeling and cutting skills with this simple minimal clean up recipe!
What You Need
- 6 medium Apples
- 6 medium Pears
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ c. water
How It’s Made:
- Peel the apples and pears (and save the rinds in a bag to use later in a smoothie or pureed for a fiber add into a baked good recipe, or even as a stove potpourri).
- Slice into half and remove the cores
- Slice in half again
- Place in crockpot and stir in cinnamon, lemon juice and zest and water
- Place crockpot on high for 4 hours and mash to desired consistency once done
- Can last in your fridge for 1 week. If you’d like it to go longer place it in your freezer
Total Fat 10g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!