Dia Los Muertos Veggie Pita Skulls
Posted Nov 02, 2020 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
Grab the kids for this fun food project in building Dia De Los Muertos veggie pita skulls.
What You Need
- 1 pita flat bread
- 2 Tbsp. Hummus
- 3 slices Cucumber
- 1 Cherry Tomato
- 1 Olive
- 1 baby Carrots
- 1 slice Pepperoni
- 6 slivered Almonds
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 radish
How It’s Made:
- Cut a skull outline of the flat bread
- Smear on hummus to flat bread
- Cut two slices of cucumbers for eyes and place in position
- Cut 1 tomato in half and place on top of cucumber slices
- Cut 1 cucumber slice and then cut again in half to place cheeks against the side of the skull
- Cut carrot in coins and then in half to lay flat end against cucumber
- Cut olives in thin slices
- Place olives in an upward curve above eyes
- Take a small heart cookie cutter and cut a heart in the pepperoni and place it upside down as the nose
- Place 2 rows of 3 almonds for a mouth
- Cut a thin strip of bell pepper to place in between the two rows of almonds
- Cut 3 slices of radishes and and then cut in half to place around face as desired for extra decor
- If there is any additional decorating you want to do with your skull, go forth and have fun!
Total Fat 14g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!