Heart Egg in a Hole
Kicking off your day with breakfast is a great way to start the day, especially when it comes to hearting your heart. Speaking of hearts, did you know that eggs can play a role in helping your heart? In a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, they found that eating at least 12 eggs a week for three months did not increase cardiovascular risk factors for people with prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes. So while this is just one study and one population, there is a “sunny side up” to what we used to know as facts.
What You Need
1 piece Sprouted Dave’s Killer Bread
½ Tbsp. Butter
How It’s Made:
- Butter bread on both sides
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter or a pair of scissors to cut a heat
- In a small bowl crack and whisk egg
- In a skillet over a medium heat, place bread down for 20 seconds and then press it down on the pan gently, but firmly for 10 seconds
- Fill the heart hole with egg (should be about half of the egg)
- Gently, flip it to the opposite side once it starts solidifying for an additional minute
Total Fat 11g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!