Hearty Beef Soup
What’s better in winter than a big bowl of vegetable beef soup? Name a better pair…we’ll wait. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any vegetables you may have on hand be it fresh and about to go bad or in the freezer.
What You Need
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup diced green beans, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1/2 c. barley
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish
How It’s Made:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened
- Add the canned tomatoes , tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and beef broth to the pot; bring to a simmer
- Cook the soup for 25-30 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed
- Stir in the green beans and cook for 5-10 minutes more. Serve the beef soup immediately, garnish with cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
Total Fat 10g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!