How To Prep Your Veggies For The Week
Posted Jul 29, 2022 in Food + Nutrition
We’re back to school and while it feels like chaos now, know that it’s temporary. You will find your groove. You will tap back into that superpower of creating a meal “from nothing”. You will make the transition work for you. These changes take time and practice. So in order to help you along the way, here are 5 ideas you might try with your vegetables to make your week flow more smooth:
- As soon as you get home, wash the produce before it makes its way into your fridge
- As soon as you get home, wash the produce and prepare it how you will use it throughout the week and store in bags or reusable containers
- As soon as you get home, wash, prepare and cook the produce how you intend on using it and reheat it as you need throughout the week
- Plan your week to use the produce in different and multiple ways. For example, use roasted carrots on Monday with meatloaf, roasted broccoli with spaghetti on Tuesday and use the leftover produce from those day (remember, you intentionally made more than necessary) in a Greek inspired rice bowl on wednesday.
- Plan to use frozen! Frozen vegetables have a long shelf-life and are great to use in a pinch on a weeknight where you plan didn’t go according to plan