Lean Green Tuna Casserole
Tonight’s fresh catch is a tuna fish casserole with all the protein and hearty greens you can handle! With only 320 calories a serving, this full-flavored dish will be on the fast track to becoming a weeknight favorite.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 12 oz brown rice pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 cremini mushrooms, diced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 (5 oz.) cans Signature KitchensⓇ Chunk Light Tuna
- 2 Tbsps almond meal
- 2 Tbsps fresh dill, chopped
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉ and bring a deep pot of boiling water to boil.
- Add noodles to the boiling water and cook until al dente before setting aside.
- Place a large skillet with a splash of olive oil over medium-heat. Once hot, add diced yellow onion and sliced leeks and cook until tender.
- Then, toss in mushrooms and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes, then mix in almond flour.
- Stir in the low-sodium chicken broth and unsweetened almond milk. Stir slowly until completely combined and raise the heat to a low boil.
- Lower heat and stir for 5-8 minutes until the mixture richens.
- Add in the frozen peas and tuna fish and stir until warm before adding in the noodles, mixing until completely combined.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray, pour in your mixture, and add a layer of almond meal on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the casserole is fragrant and browned on top.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with dill.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 10g
Total Carbs 33g
This meal has been tagged as a dairy-free meal by our team of nutrition experts. Shop more delicious dairy-free items by keeping an eye out for tagged items in-store!
Get everything you need to make our Lean Green Tuna Casserole online or in-store!
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s Registered Dietitians.