Living a Heart Healthy Lifestyle
Posted Feb 14, 2020 in Food + Nutrition
Much like there is no one-size-fits-all diet, there is not a one-size-fits-all way to create a lifestyle. We all lead unique lives that require a different subset of skills and traits. So in an effort to help you create a heart healthy lifestyle here are a few well-researched topics that we know can deliver the goods.
Flex Your Stomach Muscle
- Focus on including lots of plants into the diet
- Enjoy all foods in moderation
- Limit saturated fat, sodium, alcohol, and calorically dense foods
Create a Routine That Works for Your Lifestyle
- 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous cardio exercise each week
- Weight training
Aim for 7-9 hours each night
- Turning off screens 1 hour prior to bed
- Have a satiating meal 2 hours prior to bed
- Create a nighttime routine to start winding down
How well do you handle it?
- How do you step back from a stressful situation and deal with it?
- What outlets do you have to communicate stress in your life?
- How are you connecting with family, friends and the world?
This is by no means a full comprehensive list, but rather a great starting point. When we examine the research for how to lead a healthy lifestyle these points come through time and time again. What is the one thing you want to step towards creating a more heart healthy lifestyle?