Local Summer Alcohol Picks
Posted Jul 10, 2020 in Food + Nutrition
Alcohol makes its way into our top summer beverages in the 20% fun foods category with all the fun unique flavors that help amplify flavors! Keeping with our local Texas theme, definitely add these to your list!
- Austin East Cider Honey: for the beer drinker who wants something a little different, or if you’re just venturing into alcohol this is a great starter with rich honey notes that delivers!
- Rahr & Sons Red Lager: an American amber that is medium body and full of traditional flavors of caramel and a slight hoppy note
- Deep Ellum Neato Bandito: a craft mexican lager with rich flavors sure to go great with pizza to backyard grilling and bbq nights
- Revolver Blood and Honey: an unfiltered hefeweizen finished with blood orange zest, honey, and other spices that make this beer unique
- McPherson Albarino: light crisp and refreshing. Smooth on the palate with a very mild hint of citrus and mellow warm fruit! Great on a hot summer day in Texas
- Pedernales Tempranillo: an impressive Texas red wine. A strong nose of vanilla, cherry, cracked pepper with a nice weight and lasting finish on the palate. With a touch of acid and some lingering brown sugar and pepper on the finish you’ll be sure to pair it with your next meal.
- Llano Signature Rose: A dry summer rose that is very versatile with it’s notes of strawberry, melon, and mineral finish.
- Landon Chocolate Finale: a rich dessert wine that’s sweet but not syrupy. It has a supple sweet berry taste, a hint of dryness while still being smooth and when you breathe in after you indulge in a sip the flavors of chocolate dance around your palate.