Mexican Zucchini & Beef
Posted Dec 02, 2018 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
Drop the rice with this conscious dish to get your Mexican-food fix without the carb splurge!
What You Need:
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 oz. can) tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
How It’s Made:
- Brown ground beef on medium heat while seasoning with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and remaining spices; cover and simmer on low for another ten minutes.
- Add zucchini; Cover for about ten more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm. Serve with fresh blueberries on the side, if desired.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 12g
Total Carbs 6g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Mexican Zucchini & Beef online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.