Moroccan Fish Packets
Fish packets are a fantastic way to help fish maintain it’s moisture and cook through more gently. Use this recipe to put a subtle moroccan flare on your next fish dinner.
What You Need
- 1 lb. Cod Fillets (roughly 4 pieces that are ½ inch thick)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 C. Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Allspice
- 1 tsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2, 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ Bunch Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper as desired
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Place each fillet on a piece of heavy-duty foil
- Slice matchstick size pieces from the bell pepper and zucchini
- Roughly chop the cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted sesame oil, garlic powder, tomato paste, paprika, cumin, allspice, fish sauce, and lemon juice
- Toss in the cilantro, chickpeas, bell pepper, zucchini and carrots into the liquid mixture and toss to evenly coat
- Spoon the mixture over fish
- Fold foil around fish and crimp edges to seal. Transfer packets to a baking sheet.
- Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and vegetables are tender, 8-12
- Pull out of oven and uncover the packet for 5 minutes to lightly crisp up the vegetables
Total Fat 8g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!