30-Minute Portobello Mushroom Stir-Fry
Dig into this zesty stir-fry for a meatless meal that isn’t missing any flavor.
What You Need:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 3 to 4 Tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake (more or less to taste)
- 3 to 4 Tbsps tamari
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsps lime juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccolini
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
How It’s Made:
- Clean portobello mushrooms by wiping with a slightly damp towel (do not immerse in water or they will get soggy) and slice into thin strips.
- Prepare marinade by adding all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Add portobello mushrooms to a large shallow dish, such as a 9×13-inch baking pan, and top with marinade. Gently stir/toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 10 to 12 minutes while you prep your vegetables. Toss occasionally to evenly coat.
- Once portobellos marinate, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a bit of sesame oil. Then add only as many portobellos will fit comfortably in the pan, and sauté for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and slightly seared. You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Set portobellos aside and loosely cover to keep warm. Then add red pepper and broccolini to pan and increase heat to medium-high. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add any remaining portobello marinade and toss to coat. Cook for 1 minute. Then remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 5g
Total Carbs 62g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Portobello Mushroom Stir-Fry online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.