Pumpkin French Toast
Posted Nov 11, 2022 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
Fall is generally a time for all the #PSL and that can be loaded with sugar which spikes the blood sugar and now we don’t have those feel good fall vibes anymore. So while decreasing added sugar is a big player for managing blood sugar there are also some other things we can look at to help level off the spike like protein, fat, and fiber. This Pumpkin Spice French Toast delivers all the fall vibes while also helping level off the sugar spike.
What You Need
5 Slices Dave’s Killer Bread
2 Tbsp. Ultrafiltered Milk
¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pinch of Salt
How It’s Made:
- In a shallow medium bowl whisk the eggs
- Add milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, salt and mix evenly
- Heat a pan over medium heat
- Quickly spray oil on pan
- Dip bread in mixture on both sides
- Place in pan for 2-3 minutes per side
Total Fat 10g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!