Quick Weeknight Eggplant Pizzas
We’re not big on “sneaking” more vegetables into kid’s diets but we are all about introducing them to more in creative ways. Be is cauliflower pizza crust, sweet potato toasts, mixing it into a stir-fry or in this case using eggplant as the base of a pizza. Now by no means is this a true crust, but it’s a great way to introduce a less familiar vegetable to your kids in a creative (and easy to prepare) way where they can also pitch in on the fun. Serve with a bagged salad and you’ve got a veggie filled dinner that is sure to please!
What You Need
- 1 medium Eggplant
- ½ c. Pizza Sauce of choice
- ½ c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ lb Pepperoni
- 1, 1oz pkg Basil
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice eggplant into ½ inch thick slices (should produce around 10 to serve 2 people)
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet followed with the egg plant and bake for 15 minutes
- Dice pepperoni in ¼ inch cubes
- Roughly chop basil leaves
- Pull the eggplant out of the oven and top with about 1 Tbsp. of sauce per slice, followed by cheese and pepperoni
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes
- Pull the pizzas out of the oven and garnish with basil
Total Fat 39g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!