Raspberry Orange and Radicchio Salad
Brace yourself for your new year obsession: raspberry oranges. They’re tangier and more tender than your usual squeeze and some varieties tout more Vitamin C than any other fruit in the world. It’s no wonder we’re infusing our salads with them; and once you start, you won’t be able to stop.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 medium navel oranges, divided
- 2 large raspberry oranges
- ⅛ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp light agave syrup
- ⅞ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5 oz.) heads radicchio
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Slice a navel orange in half and squeeze 2 Tbsps of juice into a small bowl.
- Peel other navel orange and 2 raspberry oranges and cut them across the grain into quarter-inch slices on a separate plate.
- In the small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, vinegar, syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Cut radicchio heads in half lengthwise, removing core.
- Carefully take remaining part and break it into separate leaves, leaving about 3 Tbsps of fresh fennel fronds.
- Arrange radicchio, orange slices, and fennel on a big plate and drizzle with orange-juice-based dressing. Garnish with more fennel fronds and some chopped hazelnut and it will be love at first bite!
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbs 24g