The savory flavors and rich consistency of this simple gnocchi dish roll off the tongue like a gracious Italian phrase.
What You Need:
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 t extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 16 oz package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 15 oz can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
How It’s Made:
- Heat one Tbsp of olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown (about 5 – 7 minutes).
- Transfer to bowl. Add one tsp of olive oil and onion to the pan. Cook stirring often over medium heat for two minutes, then add garlic and water.
- Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 – 6 minutes.
- Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1- 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about three minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 16g
Total Carbs 54g
*This recipe is high in sodium.
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Skillet Gnocchi online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.