Spicy Kohlrabi Slaw
Asian fusion? Yes, please! Take your taste buds on a tour with this flavorful recipe—perfect for a dinnertime side dish or lunchtime main event! With a zesty blend of flavors sourced from around the globe, it will be hard to stop yourself from piling your plate sky high. Luckily there’s just 85 calories a serving, so you won’t have to.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 ½ Tbsps low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 bag kohlrabi noodles
- 1 bag raw coleslaw mix (no dressing)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
HOW IT’S MADE:
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, and cumin to a small bowl and stir well.
- Toss coleslaw mix, kohlrabi noodles, ginger, green onion, and jalapeno together in a large bowl and pour dressing over the mix.
- Toss well, cover and cool in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and top each serving with peanuts and basil, as desired.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 7g
Total Carbs 5g