Stuffed Bell Peppers
We love getting the family invested in eating more veggies. So what’s not to love about a dinner that adds in a non-traditional vegetable all to be housed inside of a vegetable bowl? Eggplant takes on the flavor of whatever seasoning you throw at it which is why we love it so much. These stuffed bell peppers are a great family meal to add to your weekly routine, or even just spice up the traditional ‘Taco Tuesday’.
What You Need
1 lb. shredded rotisserie chicken
½ c. Quinoa
1 can Corn
1 can Low Sodium Black Beans
½ c. salsa of choice
6 bell peppers
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dice eggplant
- On a packing sheet lined with parchment paper, roast eggplant for 20 minutes
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- Drain and rinse beans and corn
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, cooked quinoa, corn, beans, and eggplant and salsa to mix
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and scoop out the insides
- Pack peppers full of the mixture and place on the same parchment paper baking sheet
- Cook in oven for an additional 10 minutes
Total Fat 11g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!