Tex-Mex Taco Salad
Posted Sep 10, 2018 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
Taco-lovers, rejoice! This salad recipe has all the Tex-Mex flavor you can handle. Meal prep it for a week of healthy dinners, or share the love by making it for a crowd the next time you host.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (14 oz) kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How It’s Made:
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about two minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring often and crumbling with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, cumin and chili powder; cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, about two to three minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and ¼ cup of the salsa mixture.
- Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture in the bowl; toss to coat.
- Equally divide lettuce among four plates, top with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Serving Size: 4
Total Fat 19g
Total Carbs 27g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need to make our Shrimp Scampi online or in-store!
Ready for a Second Helping of Health and Wellness?
Download our quarterly guide for an exclusive taste of the latest health and wellness trends, brought to you by Market Street’s in-house nutrition experts.