Warm Cauliflower Tuna and Walnut Pasta
Posted Feb 02, 2021 in Food + Nutrition, The Recipe Box
This fun spin on a traditional tuna salad delivers a heart smart punch with walnuts that we just can’t get enough of! This lemony whole grain pasta dish is loaded with protein and roasted vegetables sure to be enjoyed by the whole family. Not only are walnuts delicious in this recipe but they can be used in so many different ways, from a simple snack to vegan taco “meat”. Did you know that just one ounce of walnuts is a powerhouse of important nutrients for optimum health, including 4g of protein, 2g of fiber and a good source of magnesium (45mg)
Recipe by: California Walnuts
You can see the original recipe, and many more here!
What You Need
- 3/4 pound bite-size cauliflower (1/2 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienne slices red onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, coarsely broken
- 4 oz. whole grain pasta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans StarKist Selects Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How It’s Made:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliflower with olive oil and place on a foil- lined baking sheet; roast for 10 minutes. Stir in onion and tarragon and roast for 5 minutes more. Stir in walnuts and roast for 5 minutes more or until cauliflower is lightly browned and walnuts are toasted.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, then place back in pan. Stir in lemon juice, capers, garlic salt and pepper. Add arugula and tuna and toss lightly to mix.
- Transfer to 6 bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Total Fat 18g
Ready to Start Shopping?
Get everything you need online!