Celebrate World Kindness Day
Posted Nov 13, 2020 in Food + Nutrition
We love to throw kindness around like confetti! During this time of year, and this year in general, we think we could use a little more of it. We’re here in this space today to shed a brighter light on the companies who are spreading kindness in this way of giving back. Here are just a few of the many we carry and why we like them nutritionally:
- Clif Bar & Company – has a unique disaster recovery initiative called Second Responder. It helps provide continued support to the communities once the first round relief crews and media outlets move out.
- We like how dense their bars are and make a great hiking snack or if you need that extended bit of energy. Since their bars are typically heavier in calories if you still have a stretch of time, about 2 hours, until your next meal these would be a great addition to that day’s routine.
- Once Upon a Farm – donated $50,000 to Save the Children who rely on school lunches
- These are not only meant for babies, but adults as well. It’s just pureed fruit and an easy on the go option where there are no utensils needed.
- High Brew Coffee – during this pandemic time they have been delivering their product to nurses, respiratory therapists, and clinical assistants in Texas through the Trusted Health Network.
- The low calorie ready to drink coffees are a fun flavorful boost to your day. We love their double espresso flavor if you need a recommendation.
- Bare Bones Broth – donated 100% of its profits March 25 – April 8 to the Restaurant Care Funds
- If you’re using a homemade broth why not get the added benefit of a little extra protein.
- Justin’s Nut Butter – they give back to poverty relief efforts, garden initiatives and so many more.
- This is an easy addition to a meal or snack to increase calorie needs or overall satiation